Anchor links can help your recipients to navigate sections of a long email by taking them directly to a particular area.
Please note that anchor links are not tracked.
When creating an anchor link, follow these steps:
- Create the anchor by first moving to the area the recipient will be taken to when the link is clicked. In our example below we have an option to view a section about an Annual General Meeting, so we move to that area of the campaign and highlight the text we are linking to.
- Click on the Link icon located in the ribbon.
- Enter a name for this anchor (in this case, we will name it 'agm'). The text you highlighted will also be displayed. You can change this by simply overtyping. Click on the Insert button to save the changes.
- Now highlight the text that will link to the anchor you just created as shown below:
- Click on the link manager icon and select To existing # anchor.
- Select the name of the anchor (in this example 'agm') from the drop-down.
- Click on the Insert button to save your changes.
- Send a test email to ensure your links are working correctly.