Adding a tag or tags to your campaigns allows you to filter your campaigns in reports and listings. For example, tagging appropriate campaigns with 'Newsletters' will enable you to filter by it and gain a clear view of how just your newsletters are performing in your account reports. You can also add multiple tags to campaigns in order to then filter by multiple tags in account reports (for instance, tagging with 'Newsletters' and 'Quarterly newsletters').
You can also filter by an individual tag in your campaign listings and campaign reports.
Steps to set up a tag and then filter on it
- You can add campaign tags to individual unsent campaigns by going to the "create" page and adding the tag in the "Campaign Tag" field.
- To setup tags to multiple campaigns, select Campaigns from the navigation bar.
- Select either the Unsent or Sent tab as appropriate.
- Using the checkboxes in the first column, select the campaign(s) you wish to group:
- Click on the More actions button to display the dropdown menu:
- Select the option Manage campaign tags.
The 'Manage tags' panel slides in from the right. Next, click Select campaign tag.
- The 'Add a tag' panel slides in. Enter a new tag name and then click Apply.
If you have already created previous tags, they will be available to select as an existing tag. You can apply multiple tags to a campaign or campaigns; hold Ctrl to select multiple tags from the list.
After creating a tag or selecting an existing tag, the 'Manage tags' panel will show that your tag or tags are ready to be set up and assigned to the campaigns you have selected.
If you wish to create another campaign tag, click on Select another campaign tag. This will take you to the 'Add a tag' screen again and you can repeat the previous process.
Any existing campaign tags already assigned to your selected campaigns will be listed in the 'Manage tags' panel, stating the number of campaigns each tag is already assigned to in terms of your selection.
Tags can be removed from campaigns by clicking on the red cross. You'll also be given the option to click Add to all for each tag, should you want to assign an existing tag to all of the selected campaigns.
Finally, click Apply to confirm the assignment or removal of a tag or tags.
- To filter the view of your campaigns, click on the You are viewing: calendar located near the top right of your screen. Select the radio button against Filter by tag: and use the dropdown to select the group you wish to view, then click Apply. The list of campaigns will filter accordingly.