Address book properties allow you to edit the address book. This features two tabs, Settings & Suppressions.
The settings tab allows you to edit the following:
- Address book name - Edit the name of the address book
- Folder - Group address books in folders
- Description - Brief description of address book
- Visibility (Public vs Private) - Address book visibility for preference center
- Set a Join Action - Set triggered email for when a contact joins the address book
- Set an Unsubscribe Action - Set triggered email for when a contact leaves the address book
- Join notification - Set notification of new subscriber
- Daily Summary - Daily digest of new subscribers
The suppressions tab allows you to suppress certain contacts from being added to this address book. You can add suppressed contacts manually (one at a time) or by uploading a list (.xls or .cvs).
To do this:
- Click on the suppressions tab
- Click green button labeled: "+ New contact suppression"
- Choose from the following
a. Manually tab to manually type in suppressed contacts (one per line), or
b. File removal to import a list (.xls or .csv)
- Click on choose a file and find the file of suppressed contacts
- Enter email address to notify when upload is complete
- Click upload and you will be prompted with a confirmation. Click 'Yes, remove these contacts'
- Map the fields as you normally would when uploading a regular list
- Confirm upload.
The contacts uploaded will now be suppressed and will not be allowed to be added to this address book.
To remove a contact from an address book suppression, simply check off the email, click More Actions > Remove from suppression.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to remove from suppression.
Once confirmed, the contact will no longer be suppressed from the address book.