Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for 9th October 2013 includes the following upgrades and changes:
Drag and Drop options for mobile optimization
We've introduced some great new functionality within the drag and drop editor to help make campaigns adapt on mobile devices. These features will work if you select one of our free, mobile-compatible templates from the template library.
Hide building blocks on mobiles
You can now hide elements on mobile devices from the editor. Click a block within a campaign, click on Styles, select Mobile display and then Hide this block on mobile devices. An icon will appear, highlighting that this block will now only show on large-screen devices. You can then check your mobile preview to see that the block is hidden.
Preserve an image's size on mobile devices
You can also now preserve an image's size - ensuring it doesn’t grow when displayed on a mobile (which is the default behavior). Again, you can click on an image within their campaign in the drag and drop editor, then click on Styles, select Mobile display and then tick Preserve image size on mobile devices. You can then check your mobile preview to see that the image is not enlarged.
The preserved image is again highlighted and flagged so as not to enlarge on mobile devices within the editor.
Prevent stacking of content on mobile devices
Lastly, you can now choose to prevent tables from stacking on a mobile device (also the default behavior). Click on a table within your campaign in the drag and drop editor, then click on Styles, select Mobile display and tick Do not stack content on mobile devices. You can then check your mobile preview to see that the content is not stacking.
The table is highlighted and flagged so as not to stack on mobile devices within the editor.
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features:
- We’ve added the iPhone5S to our Inbox Preview feature
- The look of the page that displays after a recipient unsubscribes from an address book has been improved
- We’ve enhanced the loading of address books under ‘My contacts’ for accounts with a very large number of them
- We’ve enhanced the functioning of mouse wheel scrolling when using the side panel drop zones in the drag and drop editor
- We’ve made a range of address book and segment query refresh enhancements for overall optimization