You can use the platform to automate your emails, which means your email marketing is working even when you're not, turning your lead and conversion generation into an automated production line. Powerful triggered campaigns can be used for a variety of reasons, from customers' birthdays, to their buying patterns and expressed preferences, from seasons and holiday dates to life cycle milestones.
Furthermore, the set up of triggered campaigns in your account is a requirement if you wish to make use of the program builder, allowing you to develop detailed automated programs.
Triggered campaigns and all of your automation requirements can be found under the Automation section of the application.
Under this section, you can access the following subsections:
- the Program builder (if enabled)
- Triggered campaign content - this lists all of your campaigns that have been set as triggered campaigns
- Triggered campaigns (classic) - this lists your 'classic' trigger campaign runs, if you have any (otherwise this section won't be available). By 'classic', we mean trigger campaign runs that have been set up within this section only and are not part of a program created through the program builder. By clicking on Add new in this section, you can set up a 'classic' trigger campaign run. By clicking on Edit for a classic trigger, you'll be offered the chance to automatically convert it into a program by clicking on Create program from this trigger. The original classic trigger will remain as available here, however.
- Default auto responder
Types of triggered campaigns and automation tools
There are several ways to use triggered campaigns and automation tools within the system:
- Create detailed automations with the program builder - the program builder will need to be enabled within your account, however. Speak with your account manager or contact our support team for more information.
If your needs are simpler, however, we also offer the following:
- Address book triggers - every time someone joins or unsubscribes from one of your address books, you can set a particular campaign to be sent to them automatically.
- Date triggers - you can create one trigger or a series of triggers based on date fields within your address books. For example, if you hold the date of birth on your contacts, you could send a campaign automatically wishing them a happy birthday using either our 'Triggered campaigns (classic)' function or the program builder.
- Default auto responder - you can trigger a default email response if an recipient replies to any one of your campaigns, perhaps letting them know that they've replied to an unmonitored email address and providing alternative contact details.
- Specific auto responders for specific campaigns - you can also trigger a different auto response for different campaigns.
- Double opt-in confirmation - you can set up a triggered email to confirm your contacts really do want to receive your email.
- Resubscribe confirmation - when using a signup form on your website that was generated using the application, contacts can resubscribe after having previously unsubscribed, with an automated email being sent to them to ask them to confirm their resubscription. Using the signup form will also ensure our resubscribe process is using your branding.
- Behavioral triggers - you can have a campaign primed and ready to go, triggered by someone clicking on a link or opening your email so that follow-ups are only going to those recipients who are really interested.
The FIRST step in using any of the above triggers, however, is to make sure that the campaign sent as a result of the trigger is created as a 'triggered' campaign.