Edit Address Book Settings & Suppress contacts
Address book properties allow you to edit the address book. This features two tabs, Settings & Suppressions.
The settings tab allows you to edit the following:
- Address book name - Edit the name of the address book
- Folder - Group address books in folders
- Description - Brief description of address book
- Visibility (Public vs Private) - Address book visibility for preference center
- Set a Join Action - Set triggered email for when a contact joins the address book
- Set an Unsubscribe Action - Set triggered email for when a contact leaves the address book
- Join notification - Set notification of new subscriber
- Daily Summary - Daily digest of new subscribers
The suppressions tab allows you to suppress certain contacts from being added to this address book. You can add suppressed contacts manually (one at a time) or by uploading a list (.xls or .cvs).
To do this:
- Click on the suppressions tab
- Click green button labeled: "+ New contact suppression"
- Choose from the following
a. Manually tab to manually type in suppressed contacts (one per line), or
b. File removal to import a list (.xls or .csv)
- Click on choose a file and find the file of suppressed contacts
- Enter email address to notify when upload is complete
- Click upload and you will be prompted with a confirmation. Click 'Yes, remove these contacts'
- Map the fields as you normally would when uploading a regular list
- Confirm upload.
The contacts uploaded will now be suppressed and will not be allowed to be added to this address book.
To remove a contact from an address book suppression, simply check off the email, click More Actions > Remove from suppression.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to remove from suppression.
Once confirmed, the contact will no longer be suppressed from the address book.
How do I create a sign-up form to go on my website so contacts can join my address books automatically?
You can create advanced web signup and unsubscribe forms with just a few clicks of a mouse, generating HTML code that you can copy and add to a page of your website. This will enable new contacts to sign up, enter their data, opt into public ...
Segmenting your contacts - Getting started
What are segments? Good email marketing relies on sending relevant content to your contacts. To simplify the process of finding the right contacts for a campaign, we have two types of lists for managing contacts: address books and segments. Address ...
How do I import contacts into an address book?
You are able to import CSV,TXT and Excel formats into the system. You can upload contacts to an existing address book or you can create a new address book. To create a new address book: On the My Contacts page, select the green New address book from ...
Exporting an address book
Exporting an address book and downloading it as a CSV file can be done as follows. Steps to export an address book Select Contacts from the navigation bar (or select My contacts from the dropdown menu when mousing over Contacts). A list of your ...
How do I suppress email addresses?
Select Contacts from the top navigation bar and then select Suppressed contacts from the drop list that appears. The next screen features five tabs: Suppressed contacts The Suppressed contacts tab displays a list of all your contacts who have ...