Sending contacts a campaign or enrolling them on a program when they join an address book
For each address book in your account, you can set up the following join actions that will be triggered when an individual contact joins it:
- Campaign join action
- Program join action
These actions allow you to automatically send contacts a welcome email or enrol them on a welcome program, which makes a great impression and allows you to engage with your new subscriber instantly.
- Before using these features, you need to have a 'triggered' campaign and/or a program, otherwise no options will be listed in the dropdowns
- A join action will be triggered only for single joins, for example via a signup form or preference centre
- A join action won't be triggered for single joins via a survey or form, or for bulk subscriptions, such as a contact import
Setting up a join action trigger
- Create your address book, giving it a unique name and entering a description.
Remember – if it's a public address book, your contacts will see its name, so give it some thought!
- Go to Contacts > My contacts and click the Properties icon of the address book
- Optional: In the 'Campaign join action' dropdown, select a triggered campaign to send to contacts when they join the address book
- Optional: In the 'Program join action' dropdown, select a program to enrol contacts on when they join the address book
- Click Save
Getting Started with the Program Builder
Contents Building a program » Node settings » Connecting nodes » Creating branches Validation Saving and activating Summary The program builder features nodes - actions, delays, decisions and end points - linked with connectors, enabling you to ...
Using exit conditions to remove contacts from a program
Summary You can add exit conditions to a program to remove contacts at any step along the way, providing the contact meets the exit rules that have been set up. This is extremely useful in the case of: lead nurturing programs - if you have a series ...
Configuring program start rules
The Start node is the only node on the canvas to begin with. This is the first node of your program requiring your attention. Click on the Start node to define the criteria for when contacts are added to your program. A panel of options will slide in ...
What is a triggered campaign?
You can set up powerful trigger email campaigns to generate leads and conversions – automatically. Triggered campaigns can be used for a variety of reasons: customers' birthdays, buying patterns, expressed preferences, seasons and holiday dates ...
How can I set a campaign as a "Triggered Campaign"?
Triggers can be used in a variety of ways, for example when a contact joins an address book you can send a campaign to thank them for signing up. Alternatively, if a contact unsubscribes from an address book, you can trigger a campaign to be sent to ...